My first blog. Why now? Life is funny that way. Sometimes things come along and kick you in the ass. Some of them good, some of them not so good. My ass had been kicked so many times in recent months that I cannot count the bruises. Let's forget the negative for a moment and cherish the positive!
Thirty five years on this planet and countless people have come and gone over those years. Now at this moment in time I think that I may actually have found my soul mate. What's that? Don't believe me? I've never called anyone that before. I've always scoffed at the idea myself. What an absurd concept, that's what I used to think. That's until recently when in the darkest hours of my somewhat short life I came across K. From our very first meeting I felt a peacefulness resonating all around me in her presence. It's like nothing I've ever felt before. My faith in love on the ropes, ready to throw in the towel on any possibility of romantic bliss I stumble upon the creature that was put on this earth for me, and I for her. Besides the aura of peacefulness, you might ask me why I feel this way. That's a good question. Up until this point I had always assumed that a soul mate would be something I felt. In a way that's true, but this is a certainty that goes beyond emotion. Emotions can be fickle and cloud a person's judgement. Emotions can lead us by the nose and take us places that we shouldn't be. Emotion has its place and can be a wonderful thing, but in this case emotion is irrelevant. There are things that you feel and things that you know. This is not something that I feel. I know that K is my soul mate. It's not something that I need to think about or something that I have to sort through. It is simply a matter of fact.
Since the Giants are about to begin playing I stop here. Naturally there is more to come. A new day has dawned and awake now is a part of me that is seeing the world for the first time. I like this part of me and while I've always had faith that it existed, now it's not a matter of faith or feeling, it's a matter of certainty.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment